Hospitality and tourism has experienced continuous growth and development to become one of the fastest growing economic sectors in the world. This growth has led to vast opportunities for students. The School grooms students through intensive service orientated practicals through excellent infrastructure, industry endorsed curriculum and faculty with Industry exposure. At Chandigarh college of Hospitality, the following practices are adopted for effective teaching.
- Lectures and Case discussions
- Practical demonstrations
- Video presentations
- Guest Lectures by industry experts
- Field visits and assignments
- Workshops and seminars by industry professionals
- Rigorous practical training in Food Production, Food and Beverage Service, House Keeping and Front Office labs
- Full semester industry internship
- Practical training in the campus
- Training on industry related software
- Hotel operation feasibility projects for exposure to entrepreneurship
- Opportunity to participate in national and international competitions
- Hunar Se RozgarTak: The School has trained more than 500 matriculates through two-month short course in the area of culinary arts, housekeeping, bakery, and confectionary under Hunar Se RozgarTak, one of the most appreciated projects of Ministry of Tourism. Under this project, the trainees get free uniform, kit, books, and a stipend to complete the course. These skilled students are recruited by local restaurant chains and hotels.
- Project Pure:The school is actively contributing in training workers and staff at "dhabas" in improving hygiene, service standards, communication, and organizing skills. Our students and faculty have taken up the initiative to provide on location training to the "dhabas" located in the vicinity of the university.
- Skill Enhancement Programmes for ProfessionalsThe students and faculty of the school organize a two week skill enhancement programme in bakery and confectionary for working professionals.
- Travel Desk: The College has in-house travel desk, where students learn about booking Airlines, railways and bus tickets along with being trained on planning trips and itineraries.
ACADEMIC AND INDUSTRIAL MEMBERSHIP:
- School of Hotel Management has aligned with many hotel chains under which students and faculty members visit the hotels for training.
- Membership of Federation of Hotel and Restaurant Association of India.