The Counseling program at CCH works on the principle of Friend – Philosopher – Guide, where every faculty member is appointed as a Class Counselor for a set of 30 students in the campus. This helps each student to reflect upon and express his personal and unique thoughts, reactions, feelings and values present in him. This necessarily involves an exploration of his feelings, relationships, involvement (or lack thereof) with teachers, his studies, and various activities.
The Guidance aspect of the Counseling Department helps students become aware of their academic strengths and weaknesses find and develop study skills that strengthen weak areas, identify personal strengths and gifts, and formulate some career and education plans.
The Guidance and Counseling Department is designed to facilitate that exploration. The Counseling Program includes the following services:
- Assistance to each student in his own personal growth and development
- Academic assessment and guidance
- Individual and group testing
- Career exploration
- Guidance for students conditionally accepted or on academic or disciplinary probation
- Personal counseling to individual students and small groups